This article is based on my answer to a question on Quora:
“How do I create a sample website and get it approved before launching it?”
A nice solution
Do you maintain your own website?
- Create your sample website
- Mount it as a tree within your own site.
- Send the link (i.e. mysite.com/sampleSite/index/htm) to your client
Granted, it’s not highly secure, but – Is that really at issue here?
A variation on the theme:
the clickable demosite
- UX | Showcase | Demosites index These are work-product websites from real client engagements which are ‘nested’ within my own site.
- Each ‘clickable demosite’ can be explored as a live entity (for example: UX | Showcase | Demosite: MuayThai) The mini-site is a clickable model prototype.
- There’s also a link to more detailed information – context, business case, challenges & solutions, etc. – in the case study in my Portfolio (for example: Consumer, B2C, Health, Sports, Website Design)
As a professional UX guy, I also host websites that I’ve created for my clients through my own service provider.
This solution offers even greater security, while also providing greater end-to-end service.
(c) copyright John Vaughan / The Communication Studio